Strathearn At A Glance
• Number of homes: 1190
• Population (2012): 2622
• Density: 3319 people/km² (fairly dense)
Homes in Strathearn
• Average Asking Price (2016): $730,000
• Asking Price Range (2016): $145,000 to $1,825,000
• Median Home Size (Approx): 1167 ft²
• Size Range (Approx): 631 ft² to 4645 ft²
Strathearn Real Estate Listings
in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4359550
Contact for address$638,888Single FamilyCourtesy of Helen M Shutt of MaxWell Challenge Realty
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,687 sq. ft.157 m2Welcome home to your Lovely 4 bedroom (3 bedroom plus den) Bungalow with 3 full bathrooms. Wonderful floor plane & use of space. Double oversized garage backing onto Greenbelt. Formal living, Dining room, open concept Kitchen & family room. Cozy Breakfast nook w/ access to amazing Composite deck with gas line for BBQ both installed in 2016. Primary bedroom large enough to comfortably fit a King size bed & what an amazing ensuite! Many more upgrades over the yrs of this fantastic home. Plumbing fixtures & toilets replaced in 2013, 50 year Metal Shingles 2014, High efficiency Furnace, AC, Water Softener & high end Tankless Bosch Hot Water 2014, 95% of windows replaced 2015. New Hardwood floors in Primary bedroom, New gutters & leaf guard in 2017, Beautiful Custom white Kitchen 2018, Exterior re-painted & sealed 2019 (25 year warranty). Cozy new gas fireplace 2021. Fully finished basement w/ brand new 2023 carpet. Plus huge rec space Storage & Laundry. Potential Space for main floor Laundry & so much more.. More details
1083 CARTER CREST Road in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4359383
1083 CARTER CREST Road Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 2N2$529,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Bill D McNamara of Royal LePage Gateway Realty
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,570 sq. ft.146 m2Location: Carter Crest Community! Close to Schools, Recreation Ctre, Transit, Shops and Services. Trails outside your fence to River Valley and and Whitemud Creek. Immaculate home is waiting for you. From the moment you step into the large foyer there is loads of space. Flowing from vaulted living room with fireplace to dining area, back deck the leads to gazebo and hottub. Spacious designer kitchen with granite counter tops, loads of cabinets, Stainless appliances and the beauty of the hardwood floors. Upper level boasts a large primary suite with walk in and spa like en-suite. Jacuzzi tub and separate shower. 2 large bedrooms and guest bath on this level. Relax on the lower level in the finished basement with family room and 4th bedroom or den area. Double garage and huge driveway. Sides on to greenspace and trails. Must see and ready for you! More details
1010 Carter Crest Road in Edmonton: Zone 14 House Half Duplex for sale : MLS®# E4357595
1010 Carter Crest Road Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 2K2$409,900CondoCourtesy of Cathy Currie of Century 21 All Stars Realty Ltd
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,093 sq. ft.102 m2A rare find!!! A luxurious bungalow with an incredible footprint located in the community of Palisade of Whitemud. The generous front walk way greets you into this age restricted bungalow. The main floor boasts a cozy u shaped kitchen with vaulted eating nook that over looks the front of the home. A more formal dining space over looks the living room that is adorned with a gas fireplace, vaulted ceilings, large Transom window over the patio door for extra natural light and access to the 3 season sunroom at the back. The sunroom has loads of opening windows, door access to the back yard. The perfect place to curl up and read a book. The generous primary suite has a 3 pce bath and a walk in closet. Another bedroom and 4 pce bath/laundry room complete the main floor. Walk down the open stair case to the fully finished basement where you will find a family room with fireplace, 3rd bedroom, 3 pce bath a plenty of storage. This complex is set among manicured grounds with life long friendly neighbors. More details
1212 CARTER CREST Road in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4354786
1212 CARTER CREST Road Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 2L8$889,800Single FamilyCourtesy of Fan Yang of Mozaic Realty Group
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,087 sq. ft.287 m2Gorgeous custom built 2 storey WALKOUT home in prestigious Whitemud Hills! This newly renovated home is sure to impress: 4,000+ sqft living space, 5 bdrms & 4 full bath. Soaring 17’ ceilings & crystal chandelier at foyer. Main floor has great rm, formal dining rm, family rm & bedroom w/ a 4 pc full bath. Kitchen has tons of cabinets, SS appliances, quartz ctps & corner pantry. Sweeping curved staircase leads to upstairs w/ 3 large bdrm (all w/ W/I closets) & bonus rm; Huge primary bedroom has a separate sitting area & a spa-like 5pc ensuite w/ corner Jacuzzi tub & new shower. Fully finished walk-out basement has 9’ ceilings w/ a 5th bdrm, a full bath, a rec rm, gym area & R/I for a bar. Stucco exterior & new metal alloy roof (60 yr warranty); Brand new vinyl flr on main/bsmt & carpet on upper level; Brand new lighting fixtures. Maintenance free private backyard is accessible from main floor deck & basement. Perfectly located in highly ranked George Luck, Riverbend & Lillian Osborne school district. More details
Strathearn Real Estate Market
• Accessibility Score: 119 homes per point of access (Quite good).
• Parking (see below for details): Very good.
• Transit (see below for details): 14 bus stops.
• Parks: 1 park within neighbourhood boundaries. and direct access to the river valley.
Strathearn Location & Description
Strathearn is a neighbourhood in Edmonton that sits just south of a bend in the river west of 85th Street, north-east of Connors Road and south of Strathearn Drive and its extension Strathern Crescent. The area has many curved roads and many homes on Strathearn Drive and Crescent have one of the most desirable views of downtown and the river valley.
The above chart shows how almost all of Strathearn was developed in the post-war period. There has been some infill activity in the last few decades. If you look around the neighbourhood, you will see even more development as older, smaller houses are knocked down to make way for new homes.
The values in the neighbourhood spike around $400,000 currently. Those values will change as houses are upgraded or replaced. The nice thing about this chart is that it doesn’t just show you the averages, but rather the range of values in the area. You can see some inexpensive assessments for smaller condo units up to over two million dollars for homes with a view of downtown and the valley.
About 50% of units in Strathearn are houses and about 45% are low-rise units. The rest are duplex units and there is one row house in the area.
More than half of Strathearn is rentals. This will likely change as the area gentrifies. There are still quite a few apartments that will likely be rentals, so that may keep the rental rate higher than some neighbourhoods that are all detached homes.
At 83.4%, zoning in Strathearn is vastly RF1 which means detached houses. 8.6% of the neighbourhood is RF3 zoning which is suitable for duplexes. 5.5% is RA7 which is zoning for walk-up apartment buildings.
Condos in Strathearn
There are four condominiums in Strathearn:
Cedar House – A lowrise apartment located at 8814 95 Ave
Strathearn Place – A lowrise apartment located at 9510 85 St
Unnamed Condo – A townhouse located on 91 St
Unnamed Condo – A duplex on Connors Rd
~ None in this neighbourhood ~
Parks & Recreation
Strathearn doesn’t contain a lot of parkland, but the area is surrounded by river valley, so there is no lack of greenspace nearby. The only official park is Silver Heights Park, but there is also the park around École Gabrielle-Roy.
Access & Parking
Access is pretty ok in Strathearn. There are 11 points of access in the neighbourhood. This would of course be much better if the area wasn’t hemmed in by the ravine on two sides, but it’s not as though people would complain about the lack of traffic and bordering on the river valley.
When it comes to parking, there is ample street parking in the neighbourhood besides the few days a year that the Edmonton Folk Festival is on. Frontage is good in the area and a lot of homes do have garages (83.5% of them) and rear driveways for parking, too. This helps keep space out front for visitors.
The nearest fire station is Station 24 located at 131 Haddow Close. It is a Fire rescue-EMS combination.
There are 14 bus stops in Strathearn. Access downtown is great and the future LRT line that will travel directly down 95th avenue will also help make the rest of the city accessible to Strathearn residents.
Please contact me if you are interested in receiving listings in Strathearn or are looking to sell your Strathearn home.
* Source: Current City of Edmonton open data as well as the 2012 Municipal Census.
by +Alan F Macdonald REALTOR® | Copyright © – gimme-shelter.com