MacTaggart was established in 2005. It is surrounded by Magrath Heights to the north, Terwillegar South to the west and Terwillegar Towne to the north west. The average asking price of homes in MacTaggart was just under $600,000 (although last year not many of the listings actually sold). It is a new area, so it could take some time for the statistics to settle. Asking prices range anywhere from well under $200,000 for an apartment style condo right up to over a million for a large house. Sizes can range anywhere from a pretty tiny 576 ft2 apartment right up to a 3200 ft2 house. They average at a reasonable 1690 ft2 however. There is something for almost any price range in MacTaggart. Check below for homes for sale in MacTaggart if you are interested in MacTaggart real estate.
Please call or email me if you have any interest in selling your MacTaggart home or looking to buy MacTaggart real estate.
|MacTaggart Neighbourhood Demographics||House Prices and Sizes|
|• Number of homes: 1192||• Average Asking Price (2016): $590,000|
|• Population (2012): 1687||• Asking Price Range (2016): $170,000 to $1,200,000|
|• Size: 1.04 km² (257 acres)||• Average Home Size (Approx): 1690 ft²|
|• Density (2012): 1622 people/km² (not dense)||• Size Range (Approx): 575 ft² to 3200 ft²|
MacTaggart Real Estate & Listings
6403 MANN Court in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4266760
6403 MANN Court Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 0J1$699,800Single FamilyCourtesy of Alan H Gee of RE/MAX Elite
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,646 sq. ft.246 m2Perfect family home in sought after Mactaggart, steps to Nellie Carlson, park & pond. Built by Kimberley Homes, this modified Ascot plan is in a quiet cul-dec-sac & 8268sf corner lot. 2 storey foyer welcomes you with gleaming hardwood through an open floorplan. Sunny west facing den for home office or studio, 9' ceilings & neutral tones throughout. Spacious formal dining room will seat 10. Great room will accommodate most seating arrangements, highlights gas fireplace & views of backyard. Espresso maple shaker cabinets, granite counters, prep island w/breakfast bar & walkthrough pantry. Full sized dining nook with direct access to extended patio & plenty of gardening space. Powder room, laundry area, mudroom & access to oversized double attached garage complete this level. Large vaulted bonus room with custom cabinetry is separated from bedrooms for noise reduction. Huge 342sf master suite with 5pc bathroom & walkin closet. Additional 2 bedrooms & 4pc bathroom for a growing family. Full storage level. More details
6044 Maynard Way in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4262894
6044 Maynard Way Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 0H9$720,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Kathryn M Sharp of MaxWell Challenge Realty
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,541 sq. ft.236 m2Executive home with all the bells & whistles. Located in the prestigious southwest community of MacTaggart. This beautiful home includes a newer modern kitchen complete with stainless steel appliances and many additional upgrades including brand new central air conditioning, newer hardwood flooring on the stairs and second level, electric fireplace with neutral stone surround & central vac system. This spacious home has a unique layout offering over 2500 square feet. There are 9' ceilings throughout, four bedrooms on the second level, large bonus room, main floor office/den, and master en-suite with a jacuzzi tub. Large backyard with a two tiered maintenance free deck. Nellie Carlson K-9 School and the trails around MacTaggart Pond are close by. Easy access to shopping, restaurants, entertainment, & the Terwillegar Recreation Center. More details
4804 MACTAGGART Crest in Edmonton: Zone 14 Vacant Lot for sale : MLS®# E4233675
4804 MACTAGGART Crest Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 1J3$1,129,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Darya M Pfund of Stratten Gates Real Estate Ltd.
- MLS® Num:
- E4233675For more information on this property, see Realtor Website. Private Reserve Partial Walkout Lot backing directly onto the ravine and overlooking the Mactaggart Sanctuary. This is the last lot available! Stunning location; Located in one of Edmonton's most prestigious locations - Uplands of Mactaggart. Have your chance to build your dream home on this One Half acre (21,630 square foot) lot. Details: 90 foot pocket, 100 foot frontage and 200 feet long on the south. More details
5203 MULLEN Crest in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4255251
5203 MULLEN Crest Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 0R2$1,350,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Paul S Lamba of MaxWell Polaris
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,138 sq. ft.384 m2IMMACULATE custom-built Home w/Triple Attached Garage in the Prestigious Neighbourhood of MacTaggart. Backs onto GREEN SPACE w/beautiful walking trails to the Ravine. This magnificent home features 5bdrm 5.5bath plus DEN w/In-FLOOR HEATING, SPICE KITCHEN, & a fully finished basement w/THEATRE ROOM. Upon entry you are welcomed unto dark hardwood floors leading to an AMAZING OPEN TO ABOVE Living-room w/nice stone facing fireplace overlooking a GORGEOUS VIEW OF THE POND! Completing the main floor is the formal dining, den and the kitchen which comes complete with dark wood cabinets granite counter-tops and all stainless-steel appliances. Beautiful Open riser staircase leads to a loft, 4 INDIVIDUAL Bedrooms with their own full bath and walk-in Closets w/LUXURIOUS Master suite & 6 pc ensuite & walk-in closet. In the F/Finished basement with IN-FLOOR HEATING is the FAMILY ROOM, WET BAR, GAME ROOM, MEDIA ROOM, and an additional bedroom room with a full bath. Look no further because this home is meant for you. More details
These are all the current listings in MacTaggart on MLS at this time. There may be other private listings but they would be on different websites or may not be listed online at all.
MacTaggart Housing Market
• Absorption (2016): 34.8%
• Buyer Willingness (2016): 90.2%
• Desirability Score (2016): 90.8/100 (pretty desirable)
• Dilapidation Score (2010): Unknown. It’s a very new neighbourhood, so it should be ‘0’
• Accessibility Score: 132 homes per entry/exit road (very good, especially for a newer neighbourhood).
• Parking (see below for details): Decent.
• Transit (see below for details): 17 bus stops.
• Parks: One park at the centre, but also direct access to the Whitemud River Valley.
MacTaggart is the most southerly neighbourhood in the Riverbend-Terwillegar area. It runs east to west from Rabbit Hill Road to the river valley and north from the Henday to MacTaggart Drive. It’s not a huge neighbourhood at just 259 acres or one square kilometer. It does have a very long border with the river valley which allows for a lot of homes to border it. The Google Map boundaries are incorrect so I had to draw a map for this profile.
Construction started right after the neighbourhood was established in 2005. Work seemed to have peaked n 2010, but then there was a huge spike of units again in 2016 – more than any other year. MacTaggart really is a very new neighbourhood.
Values in MacTaggart according to the City of Edmonton assessment are often under $200,000 for a lot of the condo units and then there are a lot of values set at $350,000. After that the homes get quite expensive (they are newer, larger homes on fair sized lots after all) and they are often assessed at $700,000 or around that value. Listings in MacTaggart will reflect these high values.
87% of MacTaggart is houses with under 4% as apartments and under 4% as townhouses. Just ove 5% are duplexes. This data is old, since a lot of construction has happened since then. The other data suggest that a lot more condo units have been built since this last census.
Lots in MacTaggart are actually quite large. This usually makes them more desirable. It seems like the City was planning for the area to be more expensive considering how large the lots are and how many are backing onto the river valley.
Zoning in MacTaggart is a lot of RSL and RA7 zoning. Because this data is up to date it shows how many more condos have likely been built since 2011. There is some duplex and row house zoning as well as a small amount of RF1 zoning – under 5%.
There were no renters in MacTaggart at the time of the municipal census. This has a lot to do with how new the neighbourhood was at the time. This number will likely decrease over time.
Condos in MacTaggart
There are seven condominium complex in the neighbourhood:
- Glen Avon Heights – A gated half-duplex or tri-plex bungalows at 4058 MacTaggart Dr. Very fancy!
- MacTaggart Ridge Gate – A lowrise apartment on Mullen Place.
- MacTaggart Ridge Townhomes – Townhouses with attached garages.
- Ravine Point At MacTaggart Ridge – Townhouses at Mullen Place.
- Waterstone – A lowrise apartment at 6079 and 6083 Maynard Way.
Parks & Recreation
As with a lot of communities in the area, MacTaggart has direct access to the river valley. It also has some parkland at the Nellie Carlson School ground.
Access & Parking
Not that many units in MacTaggart have garages. This is likely due to a large number of townhomes and apartments parking in stalls outside. This puts some pressure on street parking, but nowadays neighbourhoods are fairly well planned. It shouldn’t affect the way the neighbourhood looks or functions.
Parking is ok in some areas of MacTaggart and pretty sparse in others. It depends on the house sizes but with pretty decent site width, it should be alright.
Access for MacTaggart is fairly decent for a newer neighbourhood – 9 points of access – one for every 132 homes. Most people in MacTaggart drive, which is no surprise. Access to Rabbit Hill Road is ok and likely most people will be on their way to the Anthony Henday or Terwillegar Drive in good time.
Transit To and From MacTaggart Heights
There are 17 bus stops in MacTaggart – one for every 70 homes. This is pretty decent and should make a potential walk to the bus pretty short.
Please contact me if you have any interest in selling your MacTaggart home in Edmonton or looking to buy MacTaggart real estate.
by +Alan F Macdonald REALTOR® | Copyright © – gimme-shelter.com