Twin Brooks is a south side community in Edmonton, Alberta that was developed in the 1990s and 2000s. It is located between Whitemud Creek and Blackmud Creek where the two waterways divide. Average asking prices in the neighbourhood are right around $564,000 (2018) but range from $170,000 to almost 3.5 million. Sizes are what you would expect in a neighbourhood of this age with homes averaging 1880 ft2.
|Twin Brooks Neighbourhood Demographics||House Prices and Sizes|
|• Number of homes: 2227||• Average Asking Price (2018): $564,000|
|• Population (2012): 6435||• Asking Price Range (2018): $170,000 to $3.498 million|
|• Size: 2.14 km² (528.8 acres)||• Average Home Size (Approx): 1880 ft²|
|• Density (2012): 3007 people/km² (not very dense)||• Size Range (Approx): 780 ft² to 4725 ft²|
Twin Brooks Real Estate & Listings
128 TWIN BROOKS Cove in Edmonton: Zone 16 House for sale : MLS®# E4225886
128 TWIN BROOKS Cove Zone 16 Edmonton T6J 6Y2$1,148,800Single FamilyCourtesy of Mani Bagga of Royal LePage Noralta Real Estate
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,399 sq. ft.409 m2Custom built 2 storey WALKOUT located in beautiful TWIN BROOKS backs onto the POND. This mansion offers 4399sqft, 8 bdrms, 5 full baths, finished bsmt & 3GATT. Upon entering is the 20ft ceiling, tall windows w/customized drapery, gorgeous formal living rm, formal dining rm, den/bdrm & full bath. The gorgeous reno'd white acrylic kitchen w/granite boasts built-in apps, island & dining nook. The stunning living rm w/fireplace offers a spectacular view of the pond & ravine & has patio doors leading to the large deck. Spiral iron spindle staircase leads to 2 Master Suites, each w/ ensuites & 3 add bdrms w/4pc bath, upstairs laundry & loft. The bsmt offers 3bdrms, rec rm, full bath, wetbar & 2nd family rm which leads to the covered patio & party size deck. Quality materials w/an abundance of crown moldings, granite, hardwood, solid doors & decorative paint. NEW shingles and hot water tanks! Close to Anthony Henday, school, bus, shopping & all amenities. DON'T PROCRASTINATE AND LOSE OUT. More details
1124 119 Street in Edmonton: Zone 16 House for sale : MLS®# E4219162
1124 119 Street Zone 16 Edmonton T6J 7H7$2,998,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Sally Munro of Century 21 Platinum Realty
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,725 sq. ft.439 m2Aristocratic artistry, the epitome of elegance and refined taste. One of a kind gated estate nestled on 1/2 acre prime ravine lot backing onto the Mactaggart Sanctuary in Brookhollow. Architecturally designed & custom built with 4725 sq ft above grade plus fully finished walk-out basement provides 8000 sq ft of impressive space. From its grand gated entrance, to its soaring ceilings every square foot is meticulously constructed with the finest workmanship & materials. Formal living & dining room, stunning stone fireplace, handcrafted staircase, custom designed crystal chandeliers. Luxurious main floor private retreat owner's suite has spa ensuite bath, his/her closets with stunning views. Gourmet Chef's kitchen has everything. A morning room & family has gorgeous windows. Designed for entertaining with 4 bedrooms, formal rooms, recreation, theatre, wine, spa, hobby, workout, numerous features. Custom underground garage, a car collector's dream. Stunning landscaping. It's private and exceptional. More details
Twin Brooks Housing Market
• Accessibility Score: 742 homes per entry/exit road (very poor).
• Parking (see below for details): Decent for a new neighbourhood. Most homes have a garage and a driveway. Frontage is surprisingly good in the area.
• Transit (see below for details): 20 bus stops.
Twin Brooks is literally located between two brooks. Pretty apt, and it’s an interesting location because of that. It’s not common to have a neighbourhood surrounded by parkland – there are only a few like it in the city, but it’s a really neat location as a result. The location does have its drawbacks, however. Because the Anthony Henday freeway is just to the south, the houses in the south portion of the neighbourhood can get a lot of noise from the road. This wasn’t an issue when the community was first being developed, but it is the busiest part of the freeway because it allows most traffic to bypass the city on the way towards Calgary.
Homes started being built in Twin Brooks in 1987 and were mostly completed by 2004 with the biggest build years from 1992 to 1998.
Assessed values in Twin Brooks peak around the $500,000 mark. The majority of homes are assessed in the $420,000 to $550,000 range.
84% of Twin Brooks is houses while under 3.1% are low-rise apartments, 2.2% townhouses and 10.6% duplexes.
Lots are larger in Twin Brooks than many other newer south side neighbourhoods. Buyers may recognize this advantage when shopping for houses.
The vast majority (over 3/4) of zoning in Twin Brooks is RF1 zoning. There are a small number of townhomes and duplex areas at 5.2% and 3.4%, respectively. There are some small lots as well and some commercial spaces.
Renters are relatively rare in Twin Brooks with under 5% of homes renter-occupied.
Condos in Twin Brooks
There are nine condominium complexes or buildings in the community:
- Brookside Village (Twin Brooks) – 11809 9B Ave
- Classics Twin Brooks – Half duplexes located on 12th Ave
- Horizon Twin Brooks – Half duplexes at 303 Twin Brooks Drive
- Meadows Twin Brooks – 11105 9 Ave
- Parkview Estates – Half duplexes on 116th Street and 15th Avenue built in 1999 and 2000 (Adult condo (18+))
- Pointe Twin Brooks – An apartment building at 11620 9A Ave
- Ravenwood Court – Townhouses at 11115 9 Ave
- Village Green – Townhouses located at 11717 9B Ave
- West Creek – Duplex bungalows at 920 119 St
George P. Nicholson School – an elementary school – 1120 113 St NW
Parks & Recreation
Twin Brooks is situated between two small rivervalleys and has two parks, one at the centre and near the boundary to the east, with direct access to Whitemud Creek and Blackmud Creek.
Access & Parking
Because the neighbourhood was developed after 1989 and most of it is detached single family homes, 94% of all residences in Twin Brooks have garages.
Access for Twin Brooks is pretty bad. You only have 3 ways in and out. This isn’t ideal, but will work for the most part.
Transit To and From Twin Brooks
There are 20 bus stops in Twin Brooks – one for every 111 homes. Because almost the entire neighbourhood is can be navigated using a loop, access to each of these stops is pretty good.
Please contact me if you are looking to buy or sell a house in Twin Brooks.
by +Alan F Macdonald REALTOR® | Copyright © – gimme-shelter.com