What is a Five-piece (5-piece) Bathroom?
A Five-piece bathroom (5-piece bath) is a bathroom that has five plumbing fixtures: a sink, a toilet, and three other fixtures.
Real Estate Agent Explains Five-piece Bathrooms
A 5-piece bathroom is now a fairly common form of full bathroom. There are 5-piece ensuite bathrooms, too may have two sinks to make getting ready in the morning quicker. Also, Jack-and-Jill bathrooms often have two sinks to make sharing a bathroom easier on kids with side-by-side bedrooms.
5-piece bathrooms can be listed as a 5-piece bath or 5pc bath on real estate listings.
The five fixtures of a 5-piece bath could technically be any of the following:
- Sink, sink, toilet, shower, bathtub (most common arrangement)
- Sink, sink, toilet, double shower
- Sink, sink, toilet, shower, bidet
- Sink, sink, toilet, bathtub, bidet
- Sink, toilet, shower, bathtub, bidet
- Sink, toilet, double shower, bathtub
Why Does It Matter?
As with all the other bathroom definitions; you don’t really know what the five fixtures are when it comes to a real estate listing, so you’d have to check.
by +Alan F Macdonald REALTOR® | Copyright © – gimme-shelter.com