Hot Market Index:
54.7 °G (2012)
Lendrum Place At A Glance
Homes in Lendrum Place
• Average Asking Price (2012): $407,000
• Asking Price Range (2012): $317,000 to $575,000
• Average Home Size (Approx): 1220 ft²
• Size Range (Approx): 970 ft² to 2200 ft²
Lendrum Place Real Estate Market
• Hot Market Index (2012): 54.7 °G
• Absorption (2012): 72.4%
• Buyer Willingness (2012): 95.6%
• Desirability Score (2012): 96.3/100 (Extremely Desirable)
• Dilapidation Score (2006)*: 7.1% (Excellent)
• Accessibility Score: 71 homes per point of access (Excellent).
• Parking: Excellent.
• Transit: 13 bus stops plus being quite close the Southgate LRT Station.
• Parks: 1 park within neighbourhood boundaries.
Location & Description
Lendrum Place is located west of 111th Street and east of 115th Street (which is the boundary of the University of Alberta Farm. From north to south it runs between 61st Avenue and 51st Avenue. A medium sized neighbourhood, Lendrum Place has just under 800 units ranging in asking prices from $317,000 to $575,000 and averaging $407,000. The homes are on average 1220 ft² and range from about 970 ft² to about 2200 ft². Most houses are in good condition and the area is quite desirable to owners and buyer alike – and a good value all told.
Most of the homes in Lendrum Place were constructed in the 60s as with many nearby neighbourhoods with only a few built in the Post-war Era and a handful in the 1970s. As far as the 2006 Census goes, no houses have been built in recent years.
The vast majority of homes in Lendrum Place are houses – just over 78% with a very minimal number of duplexes and a few low-rise apartments.
Almost 3/4 of Lendrum Place is owner occupied units. Since there are no condominiums in the neighbourhood and 20 percent of the area is low-rise apartments, it looks like all the apartments are rentals – which accounts for the majority of the investor owned units in the neighbourhood. That leaves about 5% of the homes renter occupied – which makes sense based on the property values in the area.
Condos in Lendrum Place
There are no condominiums located in Lendrum Place.
Lendrum School – 4716 115 St | 780 435 4532
St Martin School – 11310 51 Ave | 780 434 4848
Ecole Avalon – 5425 114 St |780 434 8402
~ None in this community
~ None in this community
Parks & Recreation
• Lendrum Place Park – 11325 57 Ave
Access & Parking
Access to Lendrum Place is pretty good with 11 ways in for 780 homes – giving an Access Score of 71 homes per point of entry/exit.
Parking is great in Lendrum. Wide streets and large lots make street parking for guests and contractors easy.
There are 13 bus stops in Lendrum Place – one for every 60 homes. Routes run to the south and east as well as through the center of the neighbourhood.
* Source: 2006 Census of Canada, Statistics Canada
by +Alan F Macdonald REALTOR® | Copyright © – gimme-shelter.com