Description of Whitemud Creek Estates (Phase 1)
Whitemud Creek Estates (Phase 1) is a small condo complex in Ogilvie Ridge in south Edmonton. The units are duplexes and total 18 units. The complex is made up of conventional condominiums with small back yards and double car garages.
Note: There are two condo complexes with the name Whitemud Creek Estates, so be sure you know which one you are looking for. One was built in 1991 and one was completed in 1992. They have different legal descriptions and postal codes.
Whitemud Creek Estates Listings
Location and Details
Addresses: 170 to 188 Oeming Rd.
Legal Description: Lots 70, Block 23, Plan 5262 T.R. (Condominium Plan 912 2451)
Number of units: 18 duplexes.
Suite mix: Units are either 2- or 3-bedrooms.
Exposure: Units face all directions. 10 units face pretty much north and the rest face the centre of the complex.
A streetview of the side of Whitemud Creek Estates from Bulyea Road.
A streetview of the side of Whitemud Creek Estates from Oeming Road.
A Google map of the location of Whitemud Creek Estates in Ogilvie Ridge, Edmonton.
Whitemud Creek Estates Construction & Amenities
• Year Built: 1991 (condominiumized in 1991)
• Height: Bungalow and two-storey duplexes
• Construction Type: Wood frame.
• Foundation: Concrete.
• Basements: Full basements.
• Roof: Asphalt shingle roofs.
• Exterior Finishing: Beige stucco with blue trim.
• Windows & Patio Doors: PVC windows. Patio doors are sliders and should be PVC as well.
• Heating type: Forced air furnaces for each unit (the responsibility of the unit owners)
• Air Conditioning: Some units may have central air conditioning.
• In-suite laundry: Yes, all of these units should have laundry in the basement or on the main floor, depending on the unit.
• Swimming pool: None.
• Gym: None.
• Recreation/Social Room: None.
• Guest Suite: None.
• Parking: Each unit has a two-car garage as well as the driveway to park on. No visitor parking in the complex besides that, but there is street parking.
• Management: At the time of writing, the building is professionally managed.
• Fiscal Year End: December 31st.
• Age Restriction: Owners should be 18 years of age with allowances for visitors.
• Pet Restrictions: Pets are currently allowed with board approval. This is what the Bylaws say about pets currently:
No animal, livestock, fowl or pet of any kind, shall be kept or allowed into
any Unit or on the Common Property unless approved by the Board in writing, which·
approval the Board may arbitrarily withhold and may, if given, withdraw at any time on
fifteen (15) days notice; provided, however, that if the Board, in its sole discretion, deems
any animal whatsoever to be or be causing unreasonable disturbance to other Unit
occupiers or to be a hazard to or harmful to any Common Property or to other Owners,
then the Owner of the Unit in which such animal is kept shall forthwith, on notice from the
Board, remove or cause to be removed such animal from his Unit and such animal shall
thereafter not be kept in his Unit at any time. All dogs approved must be hand washed
and kept under control at all times.
*I have no idea what hand washed means. How else would you wash a dog?
• Smoking: There are no bylaws regarding smoking at Whitemud Creek Estates.
• Bylaws last updated: October 25, 2001.
• Original bylaws: February 20, 1992.
• Bylaws registered at land titles: Yes – document number 012 402 870. Registered December 12, 2001.
Sizes, Condo Fees & Unit Factors
Condo Fees include: Insurance for common areas, lawn care, snow removal, reserve fund contributions, exterior maintenance, parking lot maintenance, and property management. They do not include any utilities besides power for the driveway lights.
Units are sized from around 1100 ft2 to approximately 1900 ft2.
Please let me know if you are interested in buying in Whitemud Creek Estates or would like to sell your unit in the complex.
by +Alan F Macdonald REALTOR® | Copyright © – gimme-shelter.com
Disclaimer: Information in this article is deemed to be correct, but is not guaranteed. Information may change at any time. This article was written with data available at the time of writing.