Ogilvie Ridge At A Glance
• Population (2012): 1001
• Density: 1925 people/km² (not very dense)
Homes in Ogilvie
• Average Asking Price (2012): $657,500
• Asking Price Range (2012): $295,000 to $1,298,000
• Average Home Size (Approx): 1200 ft²
• Size Range (Approx): 690 ft² to 2010 ft²
Ogilvie Ridge Real Estate Listings
115 OWER PLACE Place in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4354230
115 OWER PLACE Place Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 1K3$609,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Craig D Hummel of RE/MAX River City
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,322 sq. ft.216 m2Welcome to Ogilvie Ridge! This impressive home features an abundance of upgrades & has all the space a growing family needs. The focal point of this wonderfull property has to be the kitchen with grantie counter tops, stunning white cabinets & high end applliances. The kitchen offers access to the dining room & living room with a wood burning fireplace and patio doors to the deck and VERY private south facing back yard featuring a hot tub. The main floor is complete with a second living room, laundry & half bath. The upper level you will find three very large bedrooms, a dual vanity bathroom. The ensuite off the primary features a walk in shower, large walk in closet and soaker tub and dual vanities. The basement is fully finished and a teenagers dream - plenty of room for a gaming setup and entertaining with a large rec room, plenty of storage, a fourth large bedroom and a three piece bathroom. Wonderfully situated close to shopping with access anywhere in the city this home truly does have it all! More details
144 Oeming Road in Edmonton: Zone 14 House Half Duplex for sale : MLS®# E4341897
144 Oeming Road Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 2C5$439,700CondoCourtesy of Catherine G Missiaen of Homes & Gardens Real Estate Limited
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,238 sq. ft.115 m2This immaculately maintained bungalow in the much sought after location of Ogilvie Ridge is sure to impress!! From the moment you walk up to the private front patio, you'll love it! The kitchen has lots of storage space, and a great dining nook, but just wait until you see the big, beautiful west facing living room, complete with natural gas fireplace. The large Primary bedroom has fantastic light due to a large window and comes complete with 4 pce ensuite. A quest 4 pce bath, the 2nd bedroom and laundry area complete the main floor. The professionally finished basement has a fantastic sized family room, complete with another gas fireplace, a large 3rd bedroom, a 4 pce bath and tons of storage. The west facing back deck and yard are the perfect place to relax or exercise that green thumb! The double garage makes this home everything you could want in a quiet, close knit community! More details
Ogilvie Real Estate Market
• Accessibility Score: x homes per point of access (Limited).
• Parking: Okay
• Transit: xx bus stops.
• Parks: 1 parks within neighbourhood boundaries with direct access to Whitemud Ravine Park.
Ogilvie Ridge Location & Description
Ogilvie Ridge sits between a branch of the Whitemud Creek Ravine to the north and east and rabbit hill road to the west and a utility corridor to the south. The Hodgson neighbourhood is directly south of Ogilvie and Carter Crest is directly to the west. There is an additional area of condos that almost looks like it should belong to Bulyea Heights, but is in fact part of Ogilvie. Ogilvie Ridge is a neighbourhood with a large number of larger expensive homes that has excellent access to the south side and Terwillegar Drive.
Most of Ogilvie Ridge was developed after 1986, although there are some earlier 1980s homes in the area. Ogilvie has had some development more recently, but is completely developed now and its not likely anything will be torn down to make way for any infill homes.
**Here, unlike most neighbourhood profiles on the site, I have displayed the number of homes built as a percentage because there is a large discrepancy in how the City of Edmonton counts the number of homes in Ogilvie and how Census Canada has counted the number of homes. There is more evidence that there are only 347 units as the census says. but since Census Canada doesn’t break down construction years, I have had to use the City of Edmonton percentages to describe the construction types in the neighbourhood.
Ogilvie Ridge consists of almost all single family houses (83%), but there are two condo complexes with duplex-style units that comprise 17% of the homes in the neighbourhood.
Ogilvie Ridge, being an expensive area when it comes to Edmonton real estate does not have many renters – just a couple of percent according to Statistics Canada in 2012 – a situation that is not likely to change.
Condos in Ogilvie Ridge
There are two condo complexes in Ogilvie Ridge. They are:
Whitemud Creek Classics – 143 Bulyea Rd – Townhouse style condos with attached garages and fenced yards. There are 21 units in this complex and according to the property manager, pets are allowed with board approval.
Whitemud Creek Estates (Phase 1) (Adult Only) – 170 to 204 Oeming Rd
Whitemud Creek Estates (Phase 2) (Adult Only) – 118 to 168 Oeming Rd
Whitemud Creek Classics – 103 to 143 Bulyea Rd | Bare land townhouses.
Ogilvie Ridge Schools
There are no schools in Ogilvie Ridge, but since the area is quite small and there are neighbourhoods nearby with schools, it might not be that much of an issue. The neighbourhood is located in Edmonton Public School Board Ward ‘F’
One World Mnotessori School – 951 Ogilvie Blvd – (780) 435-0073
~ None in this community
~ None in this community – Lillian Osborne School is located in nearby Leger.
Parks & Recreation
Ogilvie Ridge Park – 951 Ogilvie Blvd NW – There is also a playground, soccer field, baseball diamond and tennis courts at this location as well. The neighbourhood is directly adjacent and has excellent access to the Whitemud Cree Ravine South river valley.
Access & Parking
Access is decent considering there are 4 entry or exit points for 347 homes, so one for every 87 houses or condos. This is an excellent access score.
Parking in Ogilvie is quite good, too. Most houses have an attached double garage because of when they were built, which can reduce street parking, but there seems to be enough space for most cars in the area. Cul-de-sacs and crescents can limit the frontage, but overall there aren’t many cars on the street.
The nearest fire station is Station 24 located at 131 Haddow Close. It is a Fire rescue-EMS combination.
There are 12 bus stops in Ogilvie – one for every 29 homes, which is really quite excellent. You should’t have to walk far for a bus if you live in Ogilvie Ridge.
* Source: 2005, 2012 Municipal Census, The City of Edmonton, 2005 Municipal Census
** There is a lot of conflicting information about Ogilvie Ridge in Edmonton when it comes to the number of dwellings and when they were constructed. I have used my best efforts to find out what the real number of homes and style of home appears in Ogilvie Ridge, but the numbers could be off.
by +Alan F Macdonald REALTOR® | Copyright © – gimme-shelter.com