Ogilvie Ridge At A Glance
• Population (2012): 1001
• Density: 1925 people/km² (not very dense)
Homes in Ogilvie
• Average Asking Price (2012): $657,500
• Asking Price Range (2012): $295,000 to $1,298,000
• Average Home Size (Approx): 1200 ft²
• Size Range (Approx): 690 ft² to 2010 ft²
Ogilvie Ridge Real Estate Listings
346 O'CONNOR Close in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4177200$699,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Sheryl A Stephens of RE/MAX Real Estate
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,465 sq. ft.229 m2Ogilvie Ridge renovated 2 storey w/recent upgrades. The living room features vault ceilings, and large windows that let sunshine into the dinning area. Head into the gourmet kitchen w/granite counter tops, a large island, designer hood fan, high-end stainless-steel appliances, including sub-zero fridge, 2 pantries and newer cabinets with soft close doors. Enjoy your coffee in the sunroom off the kitchen or relax in your family room to a fire. The main floor also includes an office. When heading upstairs notice the modern staircase railing. Upstairs has 3 large bedrooms and a laundry room, the master includes a walk-in closet & a modern ensuite w/glass slider door, free-standing tub, his & her vanities & a corner glass shower. The basement has 9 ft ceilings, a large theatre area including surround sound, a 4th bedroom, workout room, & 3-piece bathroom. There is a beautiful wine cellar w/rain glass door, wine racks, crystal chandelier & cork flooring. This home also has a/c and a double car heated garage. More details
402 OLSEN Close in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4173688$787,500Single FamilyCourtesy of Judy Clare-Packer of RE/MAX Excellence
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,862 sq. ft.266 m2Original owners thought of everything! Over 2800 square feet in this exquisitely maintained 2 storey home in Ogilvie at Whitemud Creek. Natural light streams in highlighting the vaulted ceiling. Lovely hardwood flooring throughout Living Rm & Formal Dining Rm featuring a Woodburning Stone F/P with Glass Mantle. Spacious Kitchen with Gas Stove top, Double Oven, Sub Zero Fridge & Breakfast Nk looking onto a Beautiful Yard. Discover the Dressing Rm, prepare to unwind in the Hot Tub & relax in the Family Rm with Wet Bar & Gas Fireplace. The upper level offers two spacious Bedrms with Window Seating,a Full Bath, Laundry & beautiful MASTER Bedroom. This elegant Bedrm offers space for a King size Bed & a sitting area. Look up at the stars through the skylight while in the soaker tub, enjoy the luxurious shower, & you will appreciate the walk in closet. The Bsmt is a blank canvas with 2 furnaces & 2 hot water tanks. Triple car garage is fully finished with drain/heated. Steps to Ravine, Community Garden & Park. More details
104 Osland Drive in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4171409$649,888Single FamilyCourtesy of Sierra E Halldorson of Purplebricks
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,235 sq. ft.208 m2Large 2200 sq ft bungalow with completely developed basement in desirable Whitemud Creek community. (Total 4200 sq ft developed) Quiet location steps from ravine trails on one side and green parks on the other. Former Majestic Homes show home with all the bells and whistles. Vaulted ceilings, coffered ceilings, 5 pc master bath, large walk-in master closet, huge stone fireplace. Main floor entirely slate and distressed hardwood. Interior completely redone. New furnaces and stainless appliances last year. Beautifully landscaped with large maintenance free deck. Timeless luxury that never goes out of style ... More details
991 Ogilvie Boulevard in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4166185$509,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Sierra E Halldorson of Purplebricks
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,102 sq. ft.195 m2This spacious two-story home is available for showing and sixty days possession with 2102 sq ft and approximately 3400 sq ft of total living space. This house offers an open island kitchen, 3+2 bedrooms, four full bathrooms, family room, living and dining areas, a loft, fully developed basement, main floor laundry, an over-sized double attached garage, southeast facing fenced yard with a large deck and great location. Features include hardwood flooring, ceramic tile, Berber carpeting, 12-foot vaulted ceilings, high-efficiency furnace, a wood-burning fireplace, central vac., five appliances plus a chest freezer and more. On the main level, you will find a gorgeous kitchen with a bay window above the sink and access to the deck and back yard. Adjacent is the cozy family room and nook area with a rear-facing window. Upstairs, you will meet an open loft and office/den. More details
Ogilvie Real Estate Market
• Accessibility Score: x homes per point of access (Limited).
• Parking: Okay
• Transit: xx bus stops.
• Parks: 1 parks within neighbourhood boundaries with direct access to Whitemud Ravine Park.
Ogilvie Ridge Location & Description
Ogilvie Ridge sits between a branch of the Whitemud Creek Ravine to the north and east and rabbit hill road to the west and a utility corridor to the south. The Hodgson neighbourhood is directly south of Ogilvie and Carter Crest is directly to the west. There is an additional area of condos that almost looks like it should belong to Bulyea Heights, but is in fact part of Ogilvie. Ogilvie Ridge is a neighbourhood with a large number of larger expensive homes that has excellent access to the south side and Terwillegar Drive.
Most of Ogilvie Ridge was developed after 1986, although there are some earlier 1980s homes in the area. Ogilvie has had some development more recently, but is completely developed now and its not likely anything will be torn down to make way for any infill homes.
**Here, unlike most neighbourhood profiles on the site, I have displayed the number of homes built as a percentage because there is a large discrepancy in how the City of Edmonton counts the number of homes in Ogilvie and how Census Canada has counted the number of homes. There is more evidence that there are only 347 units as the census says. but since Census Canada doesn’t break down construction years, I have had to use the City of Edmonton percentages to describe the construction types in the neighbourhood.
Ogilvie Ridge consists of almost all single family houses (83%), but there are two condo complexes with duplex-style units that comprise 17% of the homes in the neighbourhood.
Ogilvie Ridge, being an expensive area when it comes to Edmonton real estate does not have many renters – just a couple of percent according to Statistics Canada in 2012 – a situation that is not likely to change.
Condos in Ogilvie Ridge
There are two condo complexes in Ogilvie Ridge. They are:
Whitemud Creek Classics – 143 Bulyea Rd – Townhouse style condos with attached garages and fenced yards. There are 21 units in this complex and according to the property manager, pets are allowed with board approval.
Whitemud Creek Estates (Phase 1) (Adult Only) – 170 to 204 Oeming Rd
Whitemud Creek Estates (Phase 2) (Adult Only) – 118 to 168 Oeming Rd
Whitemud Creek Classics – 103 to 143 Bulyea Rd | Bare land townhouses.
Ogilvie Ridge Schools
There are no schools in Ogilvie Ridge, but since the area is quite small and there are neighbourhoods nearby with schools, it might not be that much of an issue. The neighbourhood is located in Edmonton Public School Board Ward ‘F’
One World Mnotessori School – 951 Ogilvie Blvd – (780) 435-0073
~ None in this community
~ None in this community – Lillian Osborne School is located in nearby Leger.
Parks & Recreation
Ogilvie Ridge Park – 951 Ogilvie Blvd NW – There is also a playground, soccer field, baseball diamond and tennis courts at this location as well. The neighbourhood is directly adjacent and has excellent access to the Whitemud Cree Ravine South river valley.
Access & Parking
Access is decent considering there are 4 entry or exit points for 347 homes, so one for every 87 houses or condos. This is an excellent access score.
Parking in Ogilvie is quite good, too. Most houses have an attached double garage because of when they were built, which can reduce street parking, but there seems to be enough space for most cars in the area. Cul-de-sacs and crescents can limit the frontage, but overall there aren’t many cars on the street.
The nearest fire station is Station 24 located at 131 Haddow Close. It is a Fire rescue-EMS combination.
There are 12 bus stops in Ogilvie – one for every 29 homes, which is really quite excellent. You should’t have to walk far for a bus if you live in Ogilvie Ridge.
* Source: 2005, 2012 Municipal Census, The City of Edmonton, 2005 Municipal Census
** There is a lot of conflicting information about Ogilvie Ridge in Edmonton when it comes to the number of dwellings and when they were constructed. I have used my best efforts to find out what the real number of homes and style of home appears in Ogilvie Ridge, but the numbers could be off.
by +Alan F Macdonald REALTOR® | Copyright © – gimme-shelter.com