Leger At A Glance
• Number of homes: 865
• Population (2012): 2560
• Density: 2420 people/km² (fairly dense)
Homes in Leger
• Average Asking Price (2016): $500,000
• Asking Price Range (2016): $299,900 to $740,000
• Average Home Size (Approx): 1750 ft²
• Size Range (Approx): 1130 ft² to 2950 ft²
Leger Real Estate Listings
743 LAUBER Crescent in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4359259
743 LAUBER Crescent Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 3J8$459,900Single FamilyCourtesy of Roy L Smith of MaxWell Progressive
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,216 sq. ft.113 m2This Bi-Level is located in the FANTASTIC LEGER NEIGHBOURHOOD. Just a SHORT WALK to SCHOOLS and the TERWILLEGAR RECREATION CENTRE. This WELL MAINTAINED home features on the Main fLOOR- Bright and Open Living Area with VAULTED CEILINGS, KITCHEN with EATING BAR, ALL APPLIANCES and a CORNER PANTRY, DiNING area, LIVING ROOM, BEDROOM and a 4 piece BATHROOM. The Large PRIMARY BEDROOM is just a few short steps upstairs, 3 piece ENSUITE and WALK-IN CLOSET, the LOWER level has a CORNER FIREPLACE, BEDROOM , FULL 4 piece BATHROOM and a LAUNDRY/UTILITY ROOM. OUTSIDE in the BEAUTIFUL BACKYARD you will have an UPPER DECK and a LOWER PATIO with FIREPIT. DOUBLE ATTACHED GARAGE, AIR CONDITIONING complete WONDERFULL HOME. More details
987 LAMB Crescent in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4358806
987 LAMB Crescent Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 2X9$750,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Christopher Proctor of MaxWell Devonshire Realty
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,787 sq. ft.259 m2This impressive four-bedroom, two-story home in a quiet cul-de-sac is ideal for families with young children. TOTAL of five bedrooms, FOUR upstairs, one in basement & 3.5 bathrooms. Maple hardwood floors on the main floor, 9' ceilings, formal living/dining room, foyer with soaring ceilings & a curved staircase leading to the upper floor. Gorgeous kitchen granite counters, tile backsplash, stainless steel appliances, walk-in pantry & breakfast nook with door onto the deck. The family room has a two-storey ceiling & gas fireplace, a convenient main floor den, and a two-piece bath & laundry room with direct access to the attached garage. The primary bedroom has a five-piece ensuite & BIG walk-in closet. There is also A Great basement development with a huge rec room. The home is located close to schools, shopping, & Terwillegar rec centre. Don't miss out! More details
16 303 LEGER Way in Edmonton: Zone 14 Townhouse for sale : MLS®# E4356608
16 303 LEGER Way Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 2X9$329,000CondoCourtesy of Lyndon A Sommert of Exp Realty
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,155 sq. ft.107 m2Unique, outstanding 4 bedroom END UNIT is waiting for you in a fantastic community within walking distance to quality amenities. With no mega stairs going to bedrooms this rare open concept plan with soaring VAULTED ceilings has been extremely well taken care of from top to bottom and is ready for immediate possession. Upon entering you will notice the large FIREPLACE family room with new hardwood floors, a chefs entertaining kitchen with Quartz countertops, Custom Built pull outs in all kitchen cabinets & new appliances. A bright eating area overlooks the oversized deck. Looking over the PRIVATE back area the Master bedroom setup was well thought out with a walk in closet & excellent en-suite for that comfortable living. A 2nd bedroom & 4 piece bath rounds out the main floor & there are quality blinds thru-out. Downstairs which again is well thought out has two more good sized bedrooms, laundry room, another full bath & access to the OVERSIZED fully finished heated double garage. Air-Conditioner is new. More details
Leger Real Estate Market
• Accessibility Score: 173 homes per point of access (Not bad).
• Parking (see below for details): Okay.
• Transit (see below for details): 19 bus stops, plus a bus terminal.
• Parks: 1 park within neighbourhood boundaries.
Leger Location & Description
Leger is a south side neighbourhood in Edmonton. Leger is not a large community, with about half of it being recreation area, but a fair number of houses have been shoehorned into the area. It is located south of Carter Crest and the utility coridoor that runs between, north of Terwillegar Towne and 23rd Avenue, west of Rabbit Hill Road and Magrath Heights and east of Terwillegar Drive and Haddow. Leger is all cul-de-sacs and feeder roads. There aren’t really any through roads in Leger because it is bounded by three decent main artery roads.
You can see from the above chart that all the homes in Leger were built after 1998 and that there was a little rush of home building from 1999 to 2001 with another big peak occurring starting in 2004, and ending in 2006. By the time 2010 was over, 99% of Leger was developed with only one home being built in 2016 on a vacant lot. There is one more lot that is divided up for what seems like condos, but it hasn’t been developed yet. So Leger is almost completely done and has been for about 10 years.
To give you an idea of the range of ballpark prices that exist in Leger in 2016, the above chart shows that assessed values run the the $280k to $350k range and then the majority of homes are sitting in the $450k to $550k range. Bear in mind, these are assessed values and not actual selling prices. But it does give you an idea of the range of all the property prices, and not just what has sold recently. This can be helpful in seeing the relationship between the homes regarding price.
77.5% of Leger is detached single family homes, 20% of the neighbourhood is duplexes and there are just 2.5% row houses (townhouses). This is pretty apparent when you check out a satellite map of the area. Leger is very suburban.
91.2% of Leger was owner occupied according to the 2012 municipal census. This is likely a product of the cost of homes in the area and the age of the neighbourhood. This will likely change as homes get older, but for now, almost everyone in Leger is a homeowner.
In the above chart, you can see that the lot sizes in Leger are mostly between 400 m2 and 550 m2.
Condos in Leger
There are four condominium complexes in Leger
Renaissance Whitemud Oaks – Townhouses on Rabbit Hill Road
The Leger – A lowrise apartment located at 625 Leger Way
Westhill on Whitemud Oaks – Townhouses located at 1730 Leger Gate
Woods Of Whitemud Oaks – Townhouses that are situated at 303 Leger Way
There are a number of schools in Carter Crest:
~ None in this zone ~
Archbishop Joseph MacNeil
Parks & Recreation
Leger is home to one of the largest and newest recreation centres in Edmonton. The Terwilleger Recreation Centre is a very large facility with a salt water swimming pool, wave pool, steam room, fitness centre, gymnasiums, hockey rinks, indoor children’s playground as well as health services, concessions and shopping.
As for parks, Leger has a lot of parkland around the recreational centre called Terwillegar Heights District Park.
Access & Parking
Leger access is pretty decent for a newer neighbourhood, but not great specifically compared to grid-style neighbourhoods. There are 5 access points for Leger, one for every 173 homes. This may cause some back-up in traffic during peak hours.
All the homes in Leger – 100% – have a garage. This is good, but is offset by the lower frontage inherent in the neighbourhood. So far, looking at the map, parking is not so bad in Leger. This may change with the demographic, but currently, it looks like parking is adequate for these houses in Leger.
The nearest fire station is Station 24 located at 131 Haddow Close. It is a Fire rescue-EMS combination.
There are 19 bus stops in Leger – a bus stop for each 45 homes. There is also a bus terminal in the neighbourhood, though, which is excellent for bus service. The number of bus stops in the neighbourhood is planned around the schools and transit centre is adjacent Terwillegar Recreation Centre which is located in the neighbourhood.
* Source: Current City of Edmonton open data as well as the 2012 Municipal Census.
by +Alan F Macdonald REALTOR® | Copyright © – gimme-shelter.com