Haddow is a pretty new neighbourhood build after the mid 1990s. For amenities, it has a very small shopping centre in the northeast corner with some medical services companies, a convenience store and a pharmacy. There is also a large church (St Thomas More Catholic Church) in that same top corner. Average prices in Haddow for homes is pretty reasonable at just over $500,000. Of course you can get a mansion for over a million and a condo for under $200,000, so if you want to live in Haddow, there is an opportunity for almost everyone. There are 1590 homes in 318 acres, so it’s actually a pretty big neighbourhood, as well.
Please contact me if you have any interest in selling your Haddow home or looking to buy Haddow real estate.
|Haddow Neighbourhood Demographics||House Prices and Sizes|
|• Number of homes: 1590||• Average Asking Price (2016): $508,000|
|• Population (2012): 4342||• Asking Price Range (2016): $206,000 to $1.398,000|
|• Size: 1.28 km² (318 acres)||• Average Home Size (Approx): 1180 ft²|
|• Density (2012): 3392 people/km² (fairly dense)||• Size Range (Approx): 765 ft² to 4190 ft²|
Haddow Real Estate & Listings
2 2508 HANNA Crescent in Edmonton: Zone 14 Townhouse for sale : MLS®# E4327707
2 2508 HANNA Crescent Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 3N7$189,888CondoCourtesy of Franco Maione of Real Broker
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 947 sq. ft.88 m2Carriage style condo on the upper corner with south east facing balcony. Bright and neutral tones throughout with plenty of maple cabinets in the open kitchen complete with appliances, fridge, stove, microwave oven, dishwasher. The breakfast bar is great for entertaining and opens to your dining and living rooms. From the living room you have access to your private balcony with gas hook up for BBQ and extra storage room. Master bedroom is spacious with walk in closet. Contained laundry and storage in suite. Located near the front of the complex which makes for easy visitor parking right in front of your unit. In addition, you have your a detached garage with a 2nd parking space in the driveway behind it. Great location in Riverside just minutes from access to the Anthony Henday and Terwillegar. More details
217 2503 HANNA Crescent in Edmonton: Zone 14 Condo for sale : MLS®# E4327039
217 2503 HANNA Crescent Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 0H1$243,000CondoCourtesy of Leroy L Warden of RE/MAX Real Estate
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,112 sq. ft.103 m2Thank you for considering this beautiful, well-appointed condo. This home features a wonderful open concept, vinyl plank flooring, 9 ft ceilings, rounded corners, 6” baseboards, air conditioning, fibre optics, stackable washer and dryer, laundry room with shelves & wall mounted cabinets plus an extra 3 feet of storage above bedroom closets. The kitchen is ideal for entertaining with a peninsula style island, quartz counter, undermount sil-granite sink, garburator, mahogany stained oak cabinets & under cabinet lighting. It’s open to the dining & living room with a gas fireplace, board and batten feature wall, sliding door to balcony and gas line barbeque.The generous size primary bedroom has a wall-to-wall closet with floor to ceiling interior lights, a highboy & bedside reading lights. A barndoor leads to the ensuite which has a large walk-in shower & double sinks. There are 2 guest suites, exercise room, games & media room, car wash, easy access to public transportation, Anthony Henday & Whitemud Freeway More details
2170 HADDOW Drive in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4323991
2170 HADDOW Drive Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 3M6$496,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Tiebo Cai of Century 21 Masters
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,899 sq. ft.176 m2A very well-maintained home in the desriable community of Haddow. Let's cut to the chase. Features: ** Total 4 bedrooms (3 + 1), & Master bedroom with a 5-piece ensuite; ** Gas fireplace, Air conditioner, Hardwood floor, Quartz kitchen countertop & Glass tile backsplash; ** Optimal floor plan: Den + Living room at main floor, Bonus room at upper floor, and a large Family room at basement; ** South-facing backyard; ** Steps away from Haddow Park; ** Close to schools, rec centre, U of Alberta, Whitemud Drive & Anthony Henday Highway. Home is what you make it. Move in & enjoy living! More details
2420 HAGEN Way in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4331529
2420 HAGEN Way Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 3M6$539,800Single FamilyCourtesy of Fan Yang of Mozaic Realty Group
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,945 sq. ft.181 m2Welcome to this meticulously maintained & fully finished 2 sotrey home in highly desirable Haddow! This Jayman built home features a popular 'Kennedy' model with 3+2 bedrooms & 3.5 baths. As you enter, you are welcomed by an open foyer w/ high ceiling & a flex room off entry – perfect as a formal dining, a deb or your kids music room. Great room has a cozy corner gas fireplace; Gourmet kitchen has loads of maple cabinetry, walk-in pantry & island with raised eating bar; Upper floor has a bonus room/loft w/ built-in book shelves. The huge primary bedroom has a luxurious master suite w/ a 4pc full ensuite, featuring a soaker tub & a separate standing shower. Basement is fully finished w/ direct access from mud room features a family room, 2 more bedrooms & a 3 pc full bath. Prime location – close to Terwillegar Rec center, schools, parks, walking trails & quick access to Terwillegar Dr & Anthony Henday. Great family home! More details
2461 Hagen Way in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4320824
2461 Hagen Way Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 3L5$540,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Snezana Konstandinovic of Homes & Gardens Real Estate Limited
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,268 sq. ft.211 m2This single family 2 storey home is located in desirable, quiet and friendly Haddow neighborhood. Close to parks, schools, playgrounds and the Terwilliger recreation center. Major amenities, stores and restaurants are minutes away in the Windermere, Riverbend and Terwilliger. Both Anthony Henday and Whitemud mins away. Beautiful white millwork throughout. Open concept main floor with large windows provides plenty of natural light - 9ft ceilings. One of a kind home, the top floor has 4 bedrooms in total, bonus room, full bath, ensuite bath, large closet. Massive master bedroom with vaulted ceiling, walk in closet and large windows. Master ensuite has a jacuzzi tub, full shower, double sink and separate toilet area. On the main floor - kitchen granite countertops, den/office, dinning area, living room, laundry area, large closets, half bath and direct access to a beautiful private back yard. Don't miss the opportunity to own this beautiful 2086.53 sqft home in an amazing location. More details
Haddow Housing Market
• Absorption (2016): 47.5%
• Buyer Willingness (2016): 98.5%
• Desirability Score (2016): 8.7/100 (pretty desirable)
• Dilapidation Score (2010): Unknown. Assumed low, based on the age of homes.
• Accessibility Score: 795 homes per entry/exit road (extremely poor).
• Parking (see below for details): Not very good.
• Transit (see below for details): 16 bus stops.
• Parks: 1 park within neighbourhood boundaries (Haddow Park), access to green belt walking trails and direct access to the river valley.
Haddow is sandwiched between Terwillegar Drive and the river valley and the Anthony Henday. It runs as far north as the energy corridor that divides Riverbend-Terwillegar between north and south.
Homes in Haddow were built from 1996 up until 2014. Almost all the construction was done by 2007, however. The biggest spike in building was during 2006, which should be no surprise as that was when the housing boom was biggest in Edmonton.
House values in Haddow range from about $180,000 to $1.5 million according to the City of Edmonton tax assessment for 2016. This is just a ballpark, but it is valuable to let us know what houses cost in Haddow.
The majority of the homes in Haddow, Edmonton are detached houses – 69%. The next most common type is lowrise apartments – 13%. Rowhouses come in at 11%, duplexes at 4% and 3% highrise apartment units.
Lot Sizes in Haddow, Edmonton are most commonly about 450 m2 or thereabouts. The largest lots are in the 1200 m2, but they get as small as about 350 m2, which is a pretty small lot. There are a number of lots that are pie-shaped because of all the cul-de-sacs, and these will have a larger back yard.
In the neighbourhood, zoning is mostly RF1 for houses, but there are quite a few RSL lots, which are small lot designations. Townhouses fit well on RF5 or RF6 lots as would the duplexes. RA7 zoning in this case if for the apartment buildings.
Most of Haddow is owner occupied – 93.6% leaving only 6.4% as renters. This may change as the neighbourhood ages.
Condos in Haddow
There are seven condominium complex in the neighbourhood:
- Hunters Cove – 409 Hunters Green
- Riverside Common – On Riverbend Road or Haddow Close
- Riverside Court – 420 Hunters Green
- Riverside Edge – 2565 Hanna Crescent
- Riverside Estates – 182 Haddow Close
- Riverside Gate (Haddow) – 2508 Hanna Crescent
- Tradition At Riverside – 2503 Hanna Crescent
There are no schools in Haddow. The nearest schools are in Terwillegar and Leger.
- Esther Starkman (Kindergarten through Grade 9) – 2717 Terwillegar Way | 780 439 2717
- Lillian Osborne (Grade 10 through 12) – 2019 Leger Rd | 780 391 2450
Parks & Recreation
Haddow has a park at its centre, aptly named Haddow Park. It has a lot of field space and a playground. Access to the green space walkway that runs the width of Terwillegar-Riverbend is just to the north of the neighbourhood. You can also get right into the river valley using that same walkway.
Access & Parking
Garages are prevalent in Haddow for sure. 86% of homes have a garage, while only 14% do not. The units that don’t have a garage are likely apartment condos with stall parking.
Parking is not that great in Haddow because the lots are narrow. I know I talk about this all the time, but it’s a huge pain when you want to visit someone and can’t park. Cul-de-sacs and front drive garages will make some areas difficult to find extra parking. Some places are better than others, but as far as newer areas, this one isn’t that bad – and it is a typical for new Edmonton neighbourhoods. There should be enough free curbspace to park.
Access to Haddow is pretty bad. There is no way about it. Now this can be beneficial when you don’t want people driving through your neighbourhood, but what happens is that cars get all piled up at the exits. You’ve got 4 exits for
The nearest fire station is Station 24 located at 131 Haddow Close. It is a Fire rescue-EMS combination.
Transit To and From Haddow
There are 16 bus stops in Haddow, one for every
* Source: Current City of Edmonton open data as well as the 2006 Federal and 2012 Municipal Census.
Please contact me if you have any interest in selling your Haddow home in Edmonton or looking to buy Haddow real estate.
by +Alan F Macdonald REALTOR® | Copyright © – gimme-shelter.com