Description of Southwinds
Southwinds is a 3-storey walk-up apartment-style condo building in Strathcona, Edmonton. It is located on 104th Street and 84th Avenue in the center of Strathcona. The location is ideal for walking to the Farmer’s Market just about a block away and the Library across the street.
21 8406 104 Street in Edmonton: Zone 15 Condo for sale : MLS®# E4357582
21 8406 104 Street Zone 15 Edmonton T6E 4G2$134,900CondoCourtesy of Tennille M Sydor of Homes & Gardens Real Estate Limited
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 692 sq. ft.64 m2Excellent investment opportunity awaits for you! Two bedroom unit with one bathroom and one energized parking stall. Unit has positive income generating revenue. Extremely desirable location; close to popular Whyte Avenue plus close proximity to downtown core of Edmonton. Very close to University of Alberta. Shopping, public transit and restaurants are within walking distance. Unit has been recently updated in 2017 with new kitchen, new cabinets, new vinyl plank flooring, opened up floorpan by removing partial wall and adding kitchen island plus some shelving. Also added Bathfitter. Ample storage within the unit. There is also a storage closet which is approximately 4‘ x 6‘ on the same floor. Common laundry is also on the same floor. Condo fees include heat and water/sewer. More details
Location and Details
Address: 8406 104 St, Edmonton AB T6E 4G2
Legal Description: Lots 1,2,3 & 32, Block 85, Plan 1 (Condominium Plan 0824256)
Number of units: 27 apartments – 9 on each floor.
Suite mix: Units are all one-bedroom layouts.
Exposure: Units face all directions.
A streetview of the side of Southwinds Condominium from 84th Avenue.
A streetview of the parking lot entrance and back of the building. Note that part of the parking lot is actually an alleyway.
A Google map of the location of Southwinds Condominiums in Strathcona.
Southwinds Construction & Amenities
• Built: 1963 (condominiumized in 2009)
• Height: 3 levels of apartments (one level is below grade).
• Construction Type: Concrete.
• Foundation: Concrete.
• Roof: EPDM membrane.
• Exterior Finishing: Yellow brick one two sides and stucco on two sides.
• Windows & Patio Doors (Units): PVC slider windows (replacements). Balcony doors are hinged.
• Heating type: Hot water (baseboard type)
• Air Conditioning: None.
• In-suite laundry: Partial (some units have a washing machine. Common laundry on each floor with washer and dryer
• Swimming pool: None.
• Gym: None.
• Recreation/Social Room: None.
• Guest Suite: None.
• Parking: Each unit has one assigned parking stall in the back. There is some street parking on 84th Avenue.
• Management: At the time of writing, the building is professionally managed by Revington Condominium Management & Consulting.
• Fiscal Year End: January 31st.
• Age Restriction: None.
• Pet Restrictions: Pets are not allowed at Southwinds. As per bylaw 18.104.22.168, No animal (also referred to as a “pet”) of any kind shall be kept In
• Smoking: As per bylaw 4.2.25, Southwinds Condominium is a non-smoking building and there is also no smoking within 15 feet of the entrances.
• Bylaws last updated: January 6, 2011.
• Original bylaws: Unknown
• Bylaws registered at land titles: Yes – document number 112035296.
Sizes, Condo Fees & Unit Factors
Condo Fees Include: Heat, water, sewer, insurance for common areas, lawn care, snow removal, reserve fund contributions, exterior maintenance, parking lot maintenance, and property management.
Units are all either just under 500 ft2 or 540 ft2 (45 m2 to 50 m2).
Please let me know if you are interested in Southwinds or would like to sell your unit in the building.
by +Alan F Macdonald REALTOR® | Copyright © – gimme-shelter.com
Disclaimer: Information in this article is deemed to be correct, but is not guaranteed. Information may change at any time. This article was written with data available at the time of writing.