Falconer Heights At A Glance
• Number of homes: 895
• Population (2016): 1967
• Density (2016): 3026 people/km² (fairly dense)
Homes in Falconer Heights
• Average Asking Price (2016): $557,000
• Asking Price Range (2016): $450,000 to $760,000
• Average Home Size (Approx): 2150 ft²
• Size Range (Approx): 1780 ft² to 2480 ft²
Falconer Heights Real Estate Listings
1031 FALCONER Road in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4353986
1031 FALCONER Road Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 2R9$529,900Single FamilyCourtesy of John L Lamer of RE/MAX River City
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,891 sq. ft.176 m2GREAT HOUSE IN FALCON HEIGHTS, TRIPLE CAR GARAGE (TANDEM) THIS HOUSE HAS LOTS OF RENOVATIONS, NEWER KITCHEN WITH QUARTZ COUTERTOP 2019, NEW HARDWOOD FLOORS ON MAIN AND UPPER LEVEL (2019) NEW WINDOWS (2016) NEWER FURNACE 2015), AND MUCH MORE. LAUNDRY ROOM IS UPSTAIRS NEXT TO THE MASTER BEDROOM, TOTAL OF 4 BATHROOMS, INCLUDING 5 PIECE ENSUITE WITH JACUZZI. 2 FIREPLACES (1 GAS , THE OTHER WOOD) BASEMENT DEVELOPMENT HAS AN OFFICE/BEDROOM, 3 PC BATH AND LIVING ROOM . THIS HOUSE SHOWS GREAT! More details
103 FARNELL Close in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4351389
103 FARNELL Close Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 2E4$545,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Denis G Rowley of RE/MAX Elite
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,244 sq. ft.209 m2Great location in Falconer Heights. total of 4 bedrooms with a fully finished basement. three bedrooms upstairs, three full bathrooms and one half bath More details
102 FARNELL Close in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4351557
102 FARNELL Close Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 2E4$559,900Single FamilyCourtesy of Alan H Gee of RE/MAX Elite
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,016 sq. ft.187 m2One look will do!!! This great 2 storey is located in a quiet cul de sac. You will love the location, close to shopping, medical clinics, cafes, schools, parks, River Valley and more!! Main floor features a spacious living and dining room, perfect for entertaining!! The kitchen has a good size nook with access to the private West facing backyard as well as the family room with a gas fireplace. Den/Bedroom as well as a 3 pce bath and laundry room finish off the main floor. Upstairs has 3 bedroom's with the primary suite offering 2 closets and a 3pce ensuite. Enjoy the fully finished basement with family room, bedroom, bathroom and games area. Easy access to the Anthony Henday & Whitemud Fwy. More details
529 FALCONER PLACE Place in Edmonton: Zone 14 House for sale : MLS®# E4357813
529 FALCONER PLACE Place Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 3A1$649,800Single FamilyCourtesy of Joshua T Currie of MaxWell Challenge Realty
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,136 sq. ft.198 m2Welcome to Falconer Heights and this beautiful 2136 sq/ft 2 storey home! Situated on a massive pie lot backing on to a trail system and green space. The cul-de-sac location offers an extra quiet and private setting. Enter the home through the garage and find a massive mud room with direct access to the backyard and enclosed garden area. The main floor features soaring ceiling heights and open concept living and dining space with access to the rear deck through patio doors. New vinyl plank floors throughout. The kitchen is a chefs dream with a new commercial style gas range and hood cover. Upstairs there is 3 bedrooms including the primary with huge 5 piece ensuite and WIC. The fully finished basement has a custom wet bar, large rec room, laundry room, storage, and an additional room that could be used as a 4th bedroom. The 3 piece basement bathroom also features heated floors! Incredibly well maintained property with all mechanical items being updated or replaced in recent years. This a must see property! More details
Falconer Heights Real Estate Market
• Accessibility Score: 224 homes per point of access (poor).
• Parking (see below for details): Not bad.
• Transit (see below for details): 18 bus stops.
• Parks: 1 park within neighbourhood boundaries (Falconer Heights Park), access to greenspace that leads to the river valley.
Falconer Heights is south of Rabbit Hill Road, between Terwillegar Drive and Riverbend Rd and north of the high tension powerlines and walkway that separates much of south Riverbend. The neighbourhood encompasses Riverbend Square Shopping Centre which includes a library, banks, a grocery store, restaurants and a gas station. This adds a lot of value to living in the area because there aren’t many shopping centres in the area. The grocery store is especially valuable to have in the neighbourhood. Just down the road is the Terwillegar Off-leash area which is an extremely popular park. The park now has a footbridge that allows access to the west end and the Oleskiw (Wolf Willow) ravine as well.
Falconer is a pretty new neighbourhood by Edmonton standards. Whereas most of the city was built in the 50s, 60s and 70s, all of Falconer was built after 1990. A few distinct spikes in home construction are 1990, 1992 and 1998. The neighbourhood was almost entirely developed by 2002 with just a few stragglers being constructed afterwards.
Assessed values are not as accurate as selling prices, but not many homes actually sell every year in Falconer because it’s so desirable – no one sells! This chart shows how much homes are worth according to the City of Edmonton. Real estate in Falconer Heights is pretty valuable and there are a lot of homes worth in the range of $550,000. These homes are large and quite new, so it shouldn’t be a surprise.
Real estate in Falconer Heights is mostly houses – 47.5%, but there are 35.6% lowrise apartments, too and almost 11% duplexes. The rest are townhouses.
Most of the homes in Falconer are owner occupied – about 77%. This is likely because they are expensive homes. People don’t tend to buy expensive houses just to rent them out. The rental units are likely the apartments located in Falconer Heights.
This chart shows the range of lot sizes in Falconer. They sit at about 500 m2, which is pretty large for a newer area. This certainly contributes to the desirability of the area. There are even some super big lots in Falconer, too.
Residential zoning in Falconer is made up the following ways. RF1 zoning is 69.9%. DC2 weighs in at 16.2% with 9% being RF5 (for townhouses) and the remaining 4.9% is RF4 zoning which is good for duplexes.
Condos in Falconer Heights
There are four condominium complexes in Leger:
- Grande Riverbend – 911 Rabbit Hill Rd
- Riverbend Point – 102 to 140 Rabbit Hill Court
- Summit – 1130 Falconer Rd
- Villas At Riverbend – Located on Falconer Court (behind the Riverbend Library)
Falconer Heights Schools
There is Riverbend Montessori School in Riverbend Square that takes pre-school and kindergarten students. This is a for-profit school.
Parks & Recreation
Falconer Heights has a park on the east side adjacent to Terwillegar Drive. The park does not have any flat fields, but does have a playground and patio.
Access & Parking
Parking seems to be pretty decent in Falconer. The lots are large enough that there is some extra frontage that isn’t occupied by driveways. The fact that 83.5% of the homes here have a garage does keep cars off the street and make way for visitors and extra vehicles. This is by no means as easy to park at as say an older neighbourhood with back alleys and no front driveways, but for a newer community, it’s not bad at all.
The nearest fire station is Station 24 located at 131 Haddow Close. It is a Fire rescue-EMS combination.
There is one bus stop for every 50 homes in Falconer. This is pretty decent. The bus route runs through Falconer Road which is never more than about a block from any one house.
* Source: Current City of Edmonton open data as well as the 2006 Federal and 2012 Municipal Census.
Please contact me if you have any interest in selling your Falconer home or looking to buy Falconer real estate.
by +Alan F Macdonald REALTOR® | Copyright © – gimme-shelter.com